What was it that first called you to Paganism? What inspired you to take up the practice of witchcraft? For many of us it was a book, or a movie, or even watching the joy these paths brought to a loved one. Some of us look to songs, however, and feel compelled to move our bodies and lift our voices in our devotions.
For our July playlist honoring the resurgence of Paganism and witchcraft among our people, we’ve chosen a handful of songs that seem to be perennial favorites amongst our fellow practitioners. Of course, as is often the case, we never have enough room to include all the goods ones!
Which songs are we missing? What do you find yourself playing time and again for your own practices and gatherings? Let us know!
- The Christians and the Pagans by Dar Williams
- If You Ever Did Believe by Stevie Nicks
- Cool to be a Witch by Alexian
- The Heretic Heart by Cathy Winter
- Hillbilly Goddess by Alecia Nugent
- I’d Rather Be Burned as a Witch by Eartha Kitt
- Roar by Katy Perry
- La Sirene- SJ Tucker
- Suddenly I See – KT Tunstall
- Witchy Woman – The Eagles
- Black Magic Woman – Santana
- Magic Man – Heart
- The Planets – Holst
- Agora soundtrack
- Born of the Elements – Crow Women
- Calling the Twelve Gods – Daemonia Nymphe
- From the Goddess – Desert Wind
- Hymn to the Sun – Aesma Daeva